Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Indexing

Just got done doing some indexing for the San Francisco Genealogy site (Mips) the info provided by Halstead's Mortuary. Once the indexing if done, it is posted on the internet and it provides free info for Genealogist's searching their ancestors. Next I checked in with Ancestry.com for any new updates on my ancestors.
This is not only interesting, but Fun, finding info on my Family. It almost feels like being a PI :-)
Some can be frustrating, when you spend hours searching, and find nothing. :-( But as time goes by more info gets out there.
I have discovered what seems to be a very old cemetary, one lady has been there 127 years. In searching her name, I have only been able to find her in an old census at the age of 19. But I will keep on searching.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds very interesting, I love that stuff too but just don't have the patience(actually -time) to do any reasearch. I want a family tree for my kids so for now I'm relying on your research til I get around to doing the other sides of my family!

    ReplyDelete