Monday, April 27, 2009

Sad News

When My Mother died in 1990, I flew to Calif. with the financial help of her Brother and Sister-in-law. My Aunt bought a cat cage, had Mom's Cat checked out at the Vet, and brought her to me at the Funeral in Oakland. I bought her a plane ticket and flew her home with me. Yesterday, Kate found her dead. We Buried her in the yard, putting a small garden fence around her grave, covered the mound with potting soil, and covered it with seeds. Kate circled it with rocks, and put bigger rocks, one at the foot, and one at the head. We then placed Rosemary at each end. I planted Gladiolas at her head. Kate put a few small fake flowers she saved from her Sisters grave, till Shadow's Flowers come up. I thought that was a true tribute of Love on Kate's part. We still have 5 Cats, but losing even one of a Loving Trusting Animal Companion isn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment